- January 2018 – The Department of Premier and Cabinet begins the public consultation period for the EIR and draft SEO with submissions closing at 5pm on 26 February 2018.
- December 2017 – Re-submission of LCK’s Environmental Impact Report (EIR) and draft Statement of Environmental Objectives (SEO) submitted to the Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) for assessment. Information from the previous December drilling campaign added.
- December 2017 – Drilling commences at the request from DPC to investigate geology further.
- November 2017 – Drilling contract signed with Silver City Drilling to undertake all drilling works prior to initiation of the PCD
- August 2017 – LCK’s draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) and draft Statement of Environmental Objectives (SEO) submitted to the Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) for assessment.
- July 2017 – Two major contracts awarded to South Australian companies, Ottoway Engineering and ATSys. Ottoway Engineering will conduct the final design, fabrication and on site construction of the Above Ground Plant for the PCD. ATSys will provide electrical controls and high end communication and data transfer for the PCD.
- June 2017 – Environmental Baseline Drilling Programme completed to provide critical information for regulatory approval documents.
- May 2017 - Major contracts awarded for the fabrication and supply of the Thermal Oxisider and Cold Vent to Gasco Pty Ltd and the gas analyser and instruments to ABB Australia Pty Ltd.
- March 2017 – LCK raises $21.85m in new capital and begins a major strategic relationship with China New Energy.
- February 2017 - Shanghai Electric Power Generation Group (SEC) expands scope of power station to include a combination of gas and high efficiency coal fired power with solar and/or wind power.
- November 2016 - Innovation Australia awards LCK a “Certificate for Advance Finding” for the LCEP.
- The Advance Finding entitles LCK to claim a refundable tax offset, or cash rebate, at the rate of 43.5% of costs incurred for up to three years commencing FY 2015/16, for total anticipated expenditure of approximately $21m to be incurred on the Pre Commercial Demonstration stage of the LCEP.
- November 2016 – LCK awards first contract for the Pre Commercial Demonstration (PCD) plant for the LCEP
- August 2016 - LCK commissions CQ Partners Pty Ltd (CQ Partners) to provide strategic advice regarding market studies on peaking power in the NEM.
- August 2016 - LCK commissions ElectraNet Pty Ltd (ElectraNet) to provide strategic advice and conduct studies on high-voltage electricity transmission and connection to the National Electricity Market (NEM).
- June 2016 - Site Operations commence.
- Environmental Program comprises 3 drill holes to enhance and validate previous information, and collect data for:
- Baseline environmental samples of rock and water;
- Groundwater, rock and geotechnical information; and
- Coal and overburden samples for additional detailed gasification analysis.
- This information will inform hydrogeological, geological and geotechnical modelling and provide important information for the Environmental Impact Report for the Pre-Commercial Gas Demonstration Operations.
- April 2016 – Capital raise of $10.77m
- April 2016 – Granting of Gas Storage Exploration License
- April 2016 – LCK and Shanghai Electric Power Generation Group (SEC) sign HoA to form a Joint Venture company to build, own and operate a 300MW to 600MW power station at Leigh Creek.
- February 2016 - Research and Development Working Capital Facility with Commonwealth Bank of Australia to bring forward access to refundable tax offsets of up to $4.0m.
- February 2016 - Pre Feasibility Study commenced
- February 2016 - Scoping Study completed
- January 2016 - Stakeholder Engagement Plan developed
- January 2016 - Achievement of a 2C SPE-PRMS ISG gas resource of 2,963.9 PJ reported in accordance with the Society of Petroleum Engineers - Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS - the internationally recognized standard for reporting oil and gas resources and reserves.
- December 2015 – LCK and APT Pipelines Limited, a subsidiary of APA Group (“APA”, ASX: APA) sign HoA, to allow the development of conceptual plans for the interconnection of the Leigh Creek Energy Project (“LCEP”) with the east coast gas markets.
- APA is Australia's largest natural gas infrastructure business, owning and/or operating approximately $19 billion of energy assets.
- December 2015 - Inferred Coal Resource of 377 Million Tonnes (Mt) reported in accordance with JORC Code (2012).
- November 2015 - Appraisal drilling on known coal deposits commenced.
- October 2015 – LCK and EAS Advisers LLC sign Strategic Advisory Agreement
- EAS is a boutique advisory firm based in New York (USA). EAS are well known for advising natural resources companies at relatively early stages through large-scale development.
- September 2015 - LCK and Archer Explorations sign Heads of Agreement (HoA) to explore respective project synergies
- June 2015 - LCK complete the acquisition of Leigh Creek Operations Pty Ltd
- November 2014 – Petroleum Exploration License 650 granted by the State Government to Leigh Creek Operations Pty Ltd.
- 2011 – Project planning commences