Leigh Creek Energy Limited is committed to providing and maintaining a safe working environment for its Employees, Contractors, visitors and local communities.
The Health and Safety Policy outlines the commitment of Leigh Creek Energy Limited to a safe and harmonious working environment.
- Leigh Creek Energy will provide and maintain a workplace that is safe and prevents injury and harm to all Employees, Contractors, visitors and local communities;
- Leigh Creek Energy is committed to excellence in health and safety performance and will comply with all health and safety laws and regulations;
- Leigh Creek Energy is committed to regular discussions with employees to ensure that health and safety issues are regularly reviewed and
- Leigh Creek Energy is continuously strive to improve Health and Safety by addressing hazards, reviewing outcomes and adopting industry best practice.
To meet the objectives of the Health and Safety Policy, Leigh Creek Energy will:
- Maintain, review and improve the Health and Safety Management System (HSMS) across the company.
- Adopt risk management principles and practices which identify potential hazards, evaluates risk and behaviours to effectively eliminate, control and mitigate workplace hazards.
- Accept its legal and ethical obligations to ensure its workplaces and associated local communities are safe.
- Consult employees, communicate clearly and encourage employee participation with all matters relating to Health and Safety.
- Provide adequate resources to employees to ensure continuous improvement and performance.
- Report and investigate all incidents.
- Monitor, audit and review the HSMS on a regular basis.
Safety Regulations and Legislations
The relevant Regulations and Legislations that apply are as follows:
- Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (SA)
- Work Health and Safety Regulations 2012 (SA)
- Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Act 2000 (SA) and
- Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Regulations 2013 (SA)